August 25, 2007

Building the Life You want

Before you know where you want to go, it is helpful to be aware of how you got to where you are now. Sometimes we're so wrapped up in feeling disappointed or unhappy with the way things are going at the moment that we ignore the fact that our "now" is the result of our past actions and decisions. Time to accept responsibility and be accountable! Take a look at your life, at your home, at the people around you - what happened that got you involved there? Can you pinpoint the moment when things started slipping out of your control?

Even if you can, it's in the past, which means you can't change anything about it. I'm not saying, "get over it", or, "don't fret", because I understand it is frustrating to know what went wrong and not be able to do anything about it. Instead, why not allow the memory of the circumstances help you accept your current situation. Because when you accept, you're not disappointed or unhappy anymore. Doesn't mean you have to settle, either!

So, if you don't like where you're at - where do you want to be? What does your ideal world look like? Who are you in that world? What are you wearing? Where are you? Who are you with? What are you doing? What can you see, hear, smell, taste, feel?

Even if you are nowhere near there right now, relish to dream and make plans about it. Building the Life You want is going to be (at least one of) my slogan(s). I've been busy looking at logos and thinking about the messages I most want to convey with my work. It's harder than it sounds, I never knew how much thinking and planning and designing has to go into a wee little image. There's simplicity to consider, and what most people would associate with the idea and the image, what colour-schemes to use, and of course legal issues of who may be using a similar approach. So while I was thinking about all those things over the last week or two, it occurred to me that I am already in the middle of Building the Life I want, because this wee little image is part of it! I tell you, it's a great feeling. I've finally realised that I'm in charge, and always will be. And finally I'm understanding, that with great responsibility comes great freedom.

I invite you to reflect about your wishes and experience this motivation, joy, creativity and hope for yourself. Grab a block, well, pen and paper will do, and start building!

Til next time!

No comments: